Covered Conductors have been introduced for the first time in India by Raychem RPG for applications up to 132 kV.
Covered Conductors are longitudinally water blocked and covered with special grades of materials that provide insulation and ultra violet protection. These conductors provide safety against accidental contact and are a major help in significantly reducing outages.
Covered Conductors have been type tested up to 66kV in line with EN50397 at CPRI and also at International labs.Benefits with covered conductors
- Protect the aluminium conductor from corrosion
- Reduce faults caused by tree contacts and enhance the reliability
- Reduce animal faults
- Upgrade the voltage/current without changing the phase distance
- Prevent bush fires
- Lower life cycle cost compared with bare conductor
- Reduce maintenance cost of tree trimming
- Reduce clearance between phases, can cope with direct contact between phases
- Pose less risk of sabotage
- Environmental advantages